The first question that I usually get from clients is about the cost of having me perform for their event. This is fully expected since each of us is cost conscious, especially when planning a major celebration. In my opinion, the question should be – “Where am I getting the most ‘BANG’ for my entertainment buck?” So, let me help you understand some of that equation first.
WHY A HYPNOSIS SHOW? Many times, hypnotist entertainers are measured against other entertainers such as caricature artists, fortune tellers and tarot card readers. Perhaps you are comparing me to magicians or similar acts. These are all common considerations. However, when you consider the following you can easily see how a HypnoMarc comedy hypnosis show is really cost effective. If, you have a face painter or caricature artist for your event it takes that artist about 10 minutes per guest to complete their work. That means they are only able to entertain about 6 guests per hour. On a per hour basis of entertainment, it would cost you far more than my show. The same equation goes for fortune tellers and tarot card readers.
When comparing my show to that of mentalists and magicians, once again, the comedy hypnosis show comes out on top as the entertainment winner. My comedy hypnosis show uses your guests as the STARS of the show. People in the audience have an instant connection to those on the stage and become deeply enthralled by the mystery of the mind and the comic responses of those experiencing the wonders of hypnosis. It is a show that your guests will remember, laugh and talk about for years because hypnosis is REAL and their experience is unique!
The question that you asked is what goes into the pricing? As a professional hypnotist, I am trained and certified as both a clinical and stage hypnotist. I continually keep up my training and take additional courses (CEUs) to maintain my professional liability insurances and skills. Of course, these courses have a cost. I participate in professional development programs at hypnosis conferences throughout the year. HypnoMarc, LLC. is a regular business that has expenses for phone, travel, advertising, agency fees, professional sound equipment, travel, and show costumes and props. As a business, I need to turn a profit in order to pay my personal bills. And, unlike many other performers who you may consider, you don’t have to ask about insurance. I provide each client with a $2 million liability policy that protects you and your property in the unlikely event there is a problem.
BEWARE OF BOOKING THE CHEAPEST! Most entertainment buyers are savvy enough to question why one performer is priced so much less than their competition. Usually it is an indication of a beginning entertainer who lacks the experience and the ability to develop and bring current or new routines. It doesn’t mean they are bad, just their shows are not as polished. Frequently they are using inferior sound equipment or don’t have those touches that make the show special for you!
For me, your event is much more than the typical 60 minutes of performing before your guests. Before I come to your event I am customizing skits and routines that are for YOU. I work to make each show special for your guests and that requires time. The setup and breakdown of each show requires about an hour on each side. This means that I am really present for more than 3 hours. It is the attention to detail that ensures your satisfaction with the performance. The reality is that when you consider the cost per guest and the engagement in the event, you will find that I am far less expensive than a movie, ball game, or casino night.
Let’s talk! Let’s see how together we can make your special event – REALLY SPECIAL.
QUESTIONS TO ASK OF YOUR ENTERTAINER
- What Training Do You Have?
- Unlike other entertainers, I continually train for the benefit of my Stage and Clinical clients.
- Have you had any insurance claims?
- My typical hypnosis comedy show is a very active show. At all times, I am hyper-focused on maintaining safety of my volunteers and audience. While accidents can happen, planning and proper instructions go a long way to preventing them. I am a retired EMT and Emergency Management Instructor who has planned and executed events for more than 25,000 people, where safety was our first concern.
- Are you safe around my students and family?
- As someone who spends a great deal of time interacting with students for events such as, Post Prom parties, Project Graduations and Sober Nights, I understand your need to have a performer that has been checked. I provide a copy of my NJ State background check certificate to those schools and youth organizations that request one. Can the other performer do the same?
- Is your show appropriate for my group?
- Each of my shows is prepared with the venue and the audience in mind. I won’t be performing a late night show for your daughter’s Sweet 16 Party. My shows are about having fun and making sure you are happy.
- I am with a not-for-profit group with a limited budget, Can you donate a show?
- Ask me about how you can put the FUN back into FUNdraising. I have a special package that gives you an opportunity to maximize your returns without risk. In fact, I am happy to share my FREE report – The Top 5 Tips to Maximize Your Fund Raising Efforts – Just text FUNDRAISING to 44222 enter your email and you will instantly receive my FREE no Obligation report that can show you how to boost your efforts $2000, $3000 or more.